- International manufacturer headquartered in UK
- Excellent benefits and compensation
About Our Client
My client is a leading global manufacturer which has been operating for 50 years. Headquartered in the UK, they are looking for a Senior Operational Accountant for their Manchester, NH manufacturing facility.
- Monthly financial reviews with Manufacturing Director reporting on key trends and highlighting areas of concern.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Director to provide finance support and assistance. To also provide oversight to gain assurance key processes are operating as intended.
- To participate in lean initiatives and improvement programs across the DSC adopting a hands on approach.
- To lead the group inventory provision calculation
- To prepare accruals at group level for returning material from service orders
- Ensure adequacy and timeliness of accrued expenses and other period-end adjustments
- Assist in analysis of Freight.
- Prepare labor and overhead files to review actuals vs budget.
- To co-ordinate the development of the plants overheads and CAPEX budget.
- To prepare the group labour & overhead calculation working closely with Supply chain
- To prepare cost of goods sold across a number of accounts
- Ensure inventory movements are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Key involvement in the cycle count process providing oversight and assurance. Also key role in ensuring compliance to quarterly inventory counts for 3rd parties.
- Ensure judgment areas are raised as part of the inventory provision process.
- Ensure other cost of goods sold is accurately reported & supported with a narrative of the impact to P&L for month, YTD and YE.
- Take an active role in process improvements related to COGS whilst developing a strong understanding of trends.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Part qualified / newly qualified accountant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years experience working with inventory and COGS accounting
- Strong manufacturing accounting knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, comfortable with pivot tables and lookups.
- Ability to manipulate and work with large amounts of data
- Ability to bring positive attitude and enthusiasm to the workplace
- Experience with GP/Dynamics is preferred but not required
- Public accounting experience is desirable
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary of between $90-110k DOE
- Extensive benefits including 15% bonus
- 401k match