- Process development for early phase drugs through small scale commercialization
- Develop + lead a performance transformation to improve operation excellence
About Our Client
Our client provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. They are unique in their focus of providing process development for early phase drugs through small scale commercialization. As such their development personnel require an understanding of process development from both a scientific and engineering perspective. Candidates with either background can be successful and will be considered.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Develop and implement cost improvement projects through operational efficiencies
- Develop policies and define the standards for group manufacturing excellence
- Establish OEE program to track, identify and eliminate lost production causes
- Conduct diagnostics to identify areas for improvement
- Conduct value stream mapping exercises to define processes; work with the site to implement or streamline/improve use of LEAN tools, 5S, Six SIGMA, etc.
- Propose and support the projects and programs within the businesses for the identification of improvement levers, setting smart objectives and carrying-out Manufacturing Excellence programs
- Support the execution of improvement projects by promoting use of proven tools and approaches to achieve manufacturing excellence
- Ensure sufficient focus on sustainability of improvements through providing training and skill building of leaders
- Support continuous improvement culture in major US AMRI sites and at the corporate level
- Lead and mentor leadership team members, facilitating a culture that motivates employees
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services
- Participate in self-development activities and training of others
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Protect employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Work closely in conjunction with US sites and the Director of OE (US) to implement improvement initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or related.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience implementing OE/CI projects in manufacturing environment.
- 2 years in supervisory a role.
- U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and change management.
- Ability to lead and respond to a changing environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and lead others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access, as this individual will perform work within these systems on a routine basis.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize time in order to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement technical writing and instructions.
- Effective inter-personal relation skills, while maintaining the adaptability to achieve company goals.
- Verbally expresses ideas and facts in a clear, logical, concise and in accepted grammatical style.
What's on Offer
- Join a talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything.
- Work to improve patients' lives with the pharmaceuticals you develop and manufacture.
- Great size: Small enough to remain agile and nimble, empowering you to make your mark in discernable ways as our organization evolves. Yet large enough to provide your work with the potential for global reach and impact.
- Events that help teams to bond and become even better collaborators: After-hours get-togethers, lunch-and-learns, holiday parties, birthday celebrations and special themed events designed to brighten the workday.
- Comprehensive total compensation package that aligns directly with business & individual results.
- Benefits and perks designed to provide support, including health and wellness resources, insurance options, financial resources, and advantages for work, life and family.