Operations Manager for Global Import/ Export Trading
Global Trading organization based in Manhattan.
Opportunity to take on leadership position with ongoing growth.
About Our Client
Global trading and distribution company headquartered in New York, with offices in Istanbul, Moscow, Shanghai among other cities. The
current business portfolio is very international, with world wide sales and sourcing activities. The company has been expanding in the past years and continues to grow out the operations team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Day to day handling of all operational tasks associated with international and domestic transactions utilizing "A to Z" concept.
- Verification of transaction's Incoterms and appropriate allocation of resources in cost analysis submitted by traders and coordinators.
- Supervising and developing relationships with vendors. Negotiating and problem solving.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong numerical skills with expert understanding of import/export Letters of Credit and bank collections processes
- Excellent knowledge of ocean freight bookings, inland freight, warehousing and customs procedures - bulk shipping and charter party negotiations would be a plus.
- Accuracy in keeping records and understanding of commercial documents flow is a must.
- Thorough understanding of ERP IT (Navision preferred) systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have experience leading a large team.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary