- Eager to be apart of a growing start-up?
- The world continues to increasingly adopt sustainable energy solutions
About Our Client
The client is a rapidly expanding designer & manufacturer of innovative concepts in the upward trending energy storage space.
- Oversight of the strategic planning and implementation process to ensure objectives are met according to safety, quality, and customer requirements
- The Operations Manager will develop improvements in engineering methods, standards, and procedures to ensure effective use of resources
- Development of all training programs for the Production and Operations staff
- Oversight of the Operations budget creation and ensure adherence to the budget
- Promote a culture of positive employee relations and effective teaming in an environment dedicated to world class customer service excelling in responsiveness, information accuracy and efficiency
- Partner with key stakeholders, including internal & external suppliers and customers to facilitate timely communication and accurate information flow
- Planning and scheduling of production resources to efficiently meet sales and inventory demand
- Manage and control Operations and the full production process
- Oversight of the full production process from procurement of materials to shipping
- Track production progress and reporting of production metrics
- Ensure production resources are available to meet deadlines
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in the production process
- Oversee the coaching and development of the production team members to help reach production goals
- Develop and implement processes for measuring and monitoring work while focusing on safety, quality, & productivity
- Ensure team's compliance with all processes, procedures, and SOP's
- Deploy safety initiatives to support a Zero Incident Culture
- Train all staff on process, procedures, and SOP's.
- Oversight of the new hire training program and testing to ensure new hires are onboarded effectively and safely
- Report, manage, and resolve all non-conformance cases
- Development and oversight of corrective and preventative action plans to eliminate the root cause of non-conformance
- Review and evaluate performance, quality, and cost improvement objectives
- Work closely with other departments to facilitate actions and maintain compliance
- Oversight of the client technical & quality assurance documentation preparation and submission
- The Operations Manager will facilitate routine cross -functional meetings to review order progress and to resolve outstanding order issues to meet customer commitments
- Partner with the Engineering team to source new materials to support engineering changes
- Oversee inventory management and ensure sufficient buffer stock at all times
- Manage vendor relationships including establishing new vendors as required
- Oversight of logistics planning and management
- Oversight of price negotiation and buying strategies to achieve gross margin targets
- Oversight of vendor quality assurance processes
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Preferred bachelor or Masters degree in electrical/mechanical engineering from an accredited institution
- 5-7 years supporting energy storage, electromechanical assembly and cabinet-based products in a manufacturing environment
- Technical and application expertise of Panelboards & Switchboard products and processes
- 3 years experience supporting engineered-to-order products preferred
- Leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous improvement tools such as 6S, Six Sigma, 8D, 5 whys, DFMEA, PFMEA and controls plans, etc.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Ability to think strategically with a high level of initiative
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for efficiency
- Effective interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, develop employees and facilitate corrective action while fostering an environment that supports the client's mission and values
- Ability to work overtime or be available after business hours if needed
What's on Offer
Can do attitude, dynamic, fast paced, fun, generous, passionate about customers, celebrate each other's successes.
Full Time onsite
Monday - Friday 7:00am-3:30pm.