Operations Production Manager
Must have experience within a Chemicals/Clean Manufacturing environment
Must have SPC experience
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in chemical solutions for a wide variety of manufacturing industries.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Within scheduling constraints, plan material delivery and manufacture to meet customer demands.
- Plan and communicate manufacturing budget and resource requirements, provide product costing for new and modified products, provide efficient utilization of manufacturing resources.
- Submit and control the capital spending budget and project management for the ACIDS area.
- Member of the Acids Management of Change Control Board which approves all change proposals.
- Member of the Acids Material Review Board which approves all requests for material disposition.
- Provide back up for the Acids Manufacturing Manager whose duties include direct supervision of Acids production and maintenance operations.
- Support SPC program for raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
- Review and approve all Acids procedure and container drawing changes for the Mesa facility in Compliant Pro.
- Support Mesa Environmental, Health and Safety, and Quality systems as required through audits and improvement programs.
- Provide technical support to business group, customers, and maintenance including troubleshooting, modification/design, and other process/project orientated work.
- Provide problem solving expertise for a wide range of technical problems on various engineering projects.
- Determine and improve process capabilities.
- Participate in customer audits and/or answer customer complaints using an 8D format.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- 10 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent leadership experience, prior experience managing high purity chemical production preferred
- 2 years Project Management experience
- Lean Manufacturing Certification or equivalent Lean manufacturing experience.
- Strong computer skills for Microsoft Office Suite, preferred experience with JMP, SAP,Compliant Pro, LIMS.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of SPC.
- Strong communication skills mandatory
What's on Offer
- Generous compensation package + bonus program
- Opportunity to lead a growing department with a stable, international company