Order & Logistics Manager
Innovative bakery founded in early 2000s
Rapidly expanding company with room for growth
About Our Client
The company is an award winning bakery known for their innovative creations!
- Support the set-up of new accounts and maintenance of customer account information within internal and external systems, as needed. Process customer orders from multiple channels (natural food distributors, direct grocery accounts, e-commerce, etc.) and sources (EDI, email, fax, etc.)
- Submit applications for certificates, portals, new item set up, etc.
- Manage the system and execution of weekly customer and supplier processes
- Act as primary contact for assigned accounts. This includes receipt and confirmation of customer orders which involves researching material availability, available price record confirmation, shipping method and relevant Customer Service reporting activities
- Manage customer issues (e.g., Amazon, Online, and Retailer customers)
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution
- Provide support and work in correlation with the sales team and broker network
- Transmit orders to third party logistics and warehousing provider(s) (3PL) and monitor order accuracy and execution
- Liaise with 3PL to coordinate order fulfillment, inbound/outbound logistics and inventory management
- Monitor orders through fulfillment process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of fulfillment
- Coordinate inbound and outbound LTL, TL and small parcel freight shipments
- Complete EDI transaction sets as necessary
- Review and approve/correct logistics and warehousing invoices for payment
- Develop deep understanding of inventory management and sales trends by product line and by SKU
- Monitor on-hand inventory levels by location and help manage inventory aging and days on hand
- Complete monthly inventory reconciliations
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Sales & Finance teams to assess anticipated product depletions
- Assist with Accounts Receivable tracking. Compile metrics and prepare reports related to sales and inventory movement
- Liaise with buyers on orders, downstream inventory and claims
- Prepare weekly sales dashboards and other ad hoc reports for management and for sales and finance functions
- Continuously improve existing operations and finance processes and develop/implement new processes to improve efficiency
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal and external teams including co-packers, Operations, Marketing, Finance, and Accounting.
- Assist in quality control initiatives and reporting
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 years of experience at a Consumer Packaged Goods company. Candidate needs a blend of traditional + startup CPG experience. Food & Beverage cold chain experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Business or Operations-related degree preferred.
- Self-starter - can work effectively in a decentralized environment with remote team members
- Accuracy and detail-orientedness, highly organized and efficient, seeks order in everything, structured in approach with the ability to 'roll with the punches'
- Ability to multitask and manage many different moving pieces at once. Ability to pivot with the shifting needs of the business
- Confidence in own judgment and ability to make good decisions
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, G Suite Products, Quickbooks, Shopify, and ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail. Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful
- Great time management skills and ability to work with short deadlines
- Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors
- A highly self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong thought-leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- Discount on treats!