- Ability to grow into the leader of the team
- Diverse portfolio of projects
About Our Client
The general contractor has been around for over 10 years specializing in the commercial, education, K-12, multifamily, and entertainment markets. They are very financially stable and have NEVER laid anyone off due to a recession or the pandemic. Their benefits are some of the best in the industry and they treat their people extremely well
- Work with Administration and Department Directors to develop initial project scope, capital budget and timelines.
- Assist Administration with the preparation of capital request submissions.
- Facilitate the RFP selection process for the project Architect and other consultants.
- Negotiate consultant contracts and manage the change order and invoice approval processes.
- Coordinate the development of the Master Schedule and Phasing Plans
- Manage the project team to keep on task, on budget and on schedule
- Track project buyout, PO's issued and pending.
- Track project costs and prepare cost to complete estimates
- Prepare cashflow projections for planning capital needs
- Prepare conceptual budgets for Equipment, Furniture, IT and other components of the capital budget.
- Assist the owner with the evaluation and procurement of equipment, furniture and technology.
- Prepare routine Project Reports to keep the client informed throughout design and construction
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required (Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred)
- 10 + years of experience in a diverse portfolio of construction projects
- 5 + years of experience in a Program Management role
- Successful drug, alcohol, MVR and background checks
- Willing to accept responsibility to acquire specialized training
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare design and construction
- Ability to develop accurate program scope assessments based on preliminary user need information
- Ability to consistently prepare accurate program budgets and schedules
- Ability to lead the development of multiple major healthcare programs from feasibility to go-live.
- Anticipates, troubleshoots and resolves problems before they become major issues
- Ability to successfully negotiate with owners, consultants and contractors.
- Working knowledge of construction legal issues including contracts, liens, labor standards, safety standards and other related topics
- Ability to manage all aspects of projects effectively and efficiently including budgeting, scheduling, QA, safety, billings and contract management
- Ability to develop business relationships and networking contacts to increase the company's presence in the business community that results in new business opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in stressful situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications with strong expertise in Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and computer skills
- Ability to interact successfully with all team members and management
- Adapts easily to rapidly changing conditions and parameters.
- Demonstrates good decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to communicate and support company policies and initiatives
What's on Offer
- Salaries competitive commensurate with salaries ranging from $115,000 to $150,000 depending on experience
- Bonus potential
- 401K match - 50% up to 5%
- Company phone
- Company laptop and iPad
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance all for $6/week out of pocket
- Maternity leave