- Work for GC but as an owner's rep
- Excellent reputation in the industry
About Our Client
This Top 100 ENR general contractor, founded over 80 years ago, with offices in multiple locations across the US is looking for Project Manager/Owner's Rep. You would be the Project Manager sitting on-site at the community college in the area.
About the general contractor:
- Project portfolio in IL includes: Healthcare, K12, Municipal, Institutional
- Size and Revenue: Around 1200 people across multiple offices
- Excellent Benefits Package: 401k match up to 5% and profit sharing (between 5-10%)
- Keeps informed on progress of assigned contractors, projects, tasks, and follows up to ensure that construction and erection is accomplished on schedule
- Maintains current records and charts indicating status of each job against schedule, problems encountered, remedial actions taken, change orders, etc.
- Maintains liaison with all site and external parties such as sub-contractors, customer/client representative to facilitate information flow and resolution of problems relative to project.
- Inspects all work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Planning, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, financial management, quality, safety, close out and coordination of all startup and commissioning activities.
- Participate in regular project review meetings and frequent communications with the Project Leadership Team/Project Manager with early advice on potentially risks or difficult issues.
- Lead and/or participate in punch list management.
- Assist in development and maintenance of a close out plan.
- Participate in lessons learned review as required.
- Maintain a daily log to record project facts, events, conditions, commitments, agreements, and approvals.
- Works closely coordinating client site personnel and vendor service engineers engaged in all commissioning activities.
- Reviews engineering drawings and specifications to ensure adequate provisions have been made for testing, flushing, cleaning, and other pre-commissioning functions.
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, and/or 4+ years of applicable estimating experience
- Proven experience managing construction projects working for a general contractor or as an owner's rep
- Higher education experience preferred
- Highly motivated to bring results and success to the projects he/she leads
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate to varied audiences
What's on Offer
- Salaries ranging from $80,000-100,000 dependent on experience
- Profit sharing program historically paying between 5-10%
- 401K match up to 5%
- Bonus potential 10%+
- Opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects
- Cell phone
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Life insurance