- Full-time contract role that can extend to a permanent position!
- ASAP Start Date - REMOTE!
About Our Client
Our client is packaging company for Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Goods clients.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage daily partner and supplier relationships. Ensure open lines of communication.
- Proficient at project management and document control.
- Partner with Program Management and Finance to ensure seamless operations and control of reporting and performance management
- Prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Resolve invoice issues related to pricing or product quality discrepancies.
- Prepare customer facing invoice for project specific work; includes creation of invoice, collection of deposit, and adjustments to invoice as needed when production is completed.
- Evaluate and measure vendor performance to ensure performance meets expectations.
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors and when required visit vendor sites as appropriate.
- Assist sourcing team with spend assessments, supplier selection, price negotiation, and bid evaluation processes.
- Take corrective action for non-conforming goods.
- Work closely with Operations team to manage supplier related disruptions to timely receipt of goods.
- Maintain operational focus when needed, with emphasis on customer service and day-to-day resolution of process and requisition-to-pay issues.
- Help identify cost saving projects
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Strategic Sourcing or Procurement role
- Ability to collaborate across functions
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Financial acumen
- Aptitude for data management and reporting
- With a car and willing to travel
What's on Offer
- Temp to Perm Opportunity!
- Minority owned organization that is rapidly growing
- The role will be remote, but candidates must reside in the tri-state area in case there is a need for travel to third party vendor locations
- Reimbursement on travel/driving expenses
- Competitive Pay