Patient Benefits Specialist
Chance to work in a growing organization
Exposure to senior management daily
About Our Client
Our client is a leading healthcare provider who has organically grown their operations throughout the tri state area mostly due to a consistent and growing demand for their services.
- Coordinate proper insurance verification, information/documentation of patients' insurance, to be used to estimate the patient's financial responsibility.
- Develop a standard estimate that includes CPT codes and units based on a normal course of treatment for the diagnosis, including allowable costs based on MD(s) and procedure plans.
- Responsible for monitoring and collecting the financial balances owed by patients during their course of treatment. And assist in the collections of patient balances after discharge as needed.
- Review all payment / financial options. (Financial hardships / Charity, Special arrangement options, Payments plans, etc.).
- Coordinate patient financial hardship worksheets with patients and guarantors.
- Collect all information and forms required for patient hardship committee meetings
- Follow up with patients/guarantors on results of hardship committee meetings and coordinate account write offs, payments and payment plans as needed.
- Collect at TOS as needed office fees, co-pays, etc. And give receipts to patients/guarantor's/families for all payments made in cash and as needed.
- Obtain all appropriate paperwork and signatures from guarantors.
- Scan all appropriate paperwork and ID cards into PMS.
- Verify insurance coverage on assigned patients/doctors/schedule in a timely manner along with any others on an as needed basis
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience within heatlhcare is necessary.
- Experience with 3rd party insurance verification is a must.
- Prior experience with administering payment plans for patients is a plus.
- Prior surgical specialties are considered a strong plus.
What's on Offer
- Temp to Perm or Permanent hire.
- Benefits Available.
- Parking on site.