Opportunity for growth and development in the investment banking industry
Competitive salary and benefits structure.
About Our Client
Our client is in need of a Payroll Accountant for thier growing department in Midtown Manhattan. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Process full cycle semi-monthly multi-state payroll for 1000+ US exempt and non-exempt employees
- Update employee records with necessary changes related to earnings, benefits deductions, garnishments, tax jurisdictions
- Calculate and enter payments/benefit deductions to reflect changes for new hires, terms, transfers
- Process time sheets, payments and benefits
- Validate and reconcile payroll reports prior to transmission
- Prepare wire forms for payroll funding
- Perform quarter adjustments to correct reportable wages for federal and state quarterly tax returns
- Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close process through preparing journal entries, processing invoices, and other information related to payroll accounting
- Complete employee's inquiries related to paycheck, company pay policies, benefits
- Assist with various projects including year-end preparation, annual audits, updating payroll procedures and other relevant documentation
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or similar field) preferred.
- 3+ years of functional experience with payroll processing.
- Knowledge of payroll concepts, practices, federal and state regulations.
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience with UltiPro, Workday or similar systems.
- Must have organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Willingness and temperament to work for a high energy team.
- Experience with payroll for a financial services firm is a plus.
What's on Offer
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Prime New York City Location
- Discretionary Bonus
- Competitive base salary