Payroll Manager position with great growth
Be a part of implementing updated systems and processes
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly traded operations management and analytics leader that drives business impact through technology. Working as a strategic partner consulting on the needs of its clients.
- Manage and process bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 1,600+ employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Finance, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Responsible for all payroll related compliance (audit) requirements - including but not limited a Federal, State, and Local legal regulations and all internal company policies, procedures and processes.
- Will develop internal and external communications relative to these changes and will update departmental workflow, policy documents & procedures to comply with all audit/compliance requirements (externally & internally)
- Develops procedures to ensure data integrity and interface integrity encompassing benefits, payroll, and other HRIS subsystems.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required; masters preferred
- 5 -8 years Payroll work experience
- Experience managing multi-State payroll for at least 1,500 employees required; international experience a plus
- Familiarity with continuous process improvement and process re-engineering
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, ensure compliance with policy and procedures and the ability to fulfill performance objectives; ability to evaluate options, anticipate roadblocks and determine the best solutions for the payroll department
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification
- Experience with ADP and CheckpointHR required
What's on Offer
Great work environment with great exposure to a wide ranging payroll.