- Reputable Health-care company
- Are looking for a Payroll Coordinator
About Our Client
Reputable Health-care company based in New Jersey.
The key responsibilities entail;
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing and continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency. Designs and maintains effective internal controls for the payroll function. Conducts audits prior to final processing of payroll.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on payroll processes and procedures, including, but not limited to, extra on-cycle payrolls, off-cycle payrolls, quarter and year-end processing, manual adjustments, retro-calculations, tax issues, and issues relating to additions, changes and/or updates.
- Sets-up and maintains state unemployment taxes (SUT) and state income tax (SIT) accounts; and reviews quarterly payroll related tax filings. Monitors all payroll tax setups, compliance, filings, payments and reporting requirements, including annual W2 processing and distribution. Responsible for contact with federal, state and local taxing authorities as required.
- Creates, facilitates and implements payroll procedures and checklists. Interprets company policies and government regulations to properly impact payroll procedures and system processes.
- Processes and analyzes wage and tax issues. Researches State tax and garnishment related issues.
- Assist with necessary payroll information to record into the general ledger (G/L). Provides G/L support by maintaining the ADP G/L Interface system to ensure all payroll items are mapped and coded accurately to the appropriate cost centers.
- Serves as point of contact for payroll issues and engages appropriate resources for resolution.
- Ensures compliance with relevant data privacy, data protection policies and regulations; and ensures compliance with Exeter's policies & procedures, federal/state laws, regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of work experience.
- Two plus years of experience managing multi-state payroll, with ADP preferred.
- International (Europe and Canada) payroll experience helpful.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll reporting.
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels.
- Intermediate MS Office and advanced Excel skills
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, benefits package, flexible working schedule.