- Stable and highly rated mechanical contractor with a full portfolio
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities
About Our Client
Well-established and successful mechanical contractor with an ever-growing team and progressive view on technology. The company has an in-house fab shop and has partnerships with top rated suppliers/equipment manufacturers so you'll be working with the best equipment.
The Sr. Draftsman will:
- Drawing layouts for HVAC and Plumbing systems for new construction and retrofit projects
- Draw and execute mechanical drawings for various commercial, educational/institutional, and industrial facilities.
- Work with Civil and Structural drawings to coordinate layouts of HVAC and plumbing equipment, ductwork, and piping.
- Detail concept development, systems design, and installation for HVAC and plumbing systems
- Detail and produce drawings of metal fabrication components for the HVAC and plumbing industry.
- Apply knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques in order to prepare complex mechanical and plumbing systems and assemblies.
- List and provide quotations for HVAC and plumbing equipment for project estimates
- Effectively use CAD software to accurately design HVAC and plumbing layouts
- Collaborate with estimators and project managers for project preparation
- Interpret information from sketches, blueprints, and existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions, to design HVAC and plumbing layout and systems.
- Collaborative preparation of construction drawings and specifications for bid
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred
- Expertise with software packages including Revit and AutoCAD
- Drafting and design skills with sheet metal products
- Strong MEP expertise with commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction projects
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings
- High attention to detail and results
What's on Offer
The Sr Draftsman will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off/personal days/sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available