Plant Controller - National Manufacturing Firm
Growing manufacturing firm based in the west suburbs of Chicago
Excellent career progression opportunities
About Our Client
A market leading manufacturing company with revenues circa $700m is looking to appoint a Controller. The business operates within the metals space and is a subsidiary of a larger umbrella company. This company is based in the west/south west suburbs.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly financial statements/KPI reports for the plants in accordance with company policies and GAAP.
- Proactively partner with plant management and the Controller's group to ensure that all parties have a clear and accurate picture of the plants overall financial performance.
- Lead the preparation of the plants' business planning process, incorporating productivity and cost targets for both manufacturing and sourcing.
- Prepare monthly rolling forecasts and provide plant and operations leadership with insight and commentary for all major variances from both plan and prior forecast.
- Provide financial guidance for all plant capital investments and related business case justifications.
- Lead and drive plant cost reduction efforts, holding plant management team responsible for delivering annual cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Develop and maintain accurate standard cost data for all products, working with both product teams and business management on new product development and new business opportunities.
- Prepare and assist in recondition cost quotes on new business/contracts.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets.
- Develop necessary inventory polices and controls to ensure integrity of financial statements.
- Serve as the primary contact for internal and external auditors.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or Business with 7 or more years' experience, or
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance (or MBA) with 5 or more years' experience.
- Must have plant accounting experience.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary along with total overall benefits package including
- 401k match
- Medical / Vision / Dental
- Up to 20% bonus
- 20 days PTO
- Car Allowance