Opportunity to work with a great Manufacturing company
We offer a large client portfolio
About Our Client
Plant Controllers present and analyze data to identify actual plant manufacturing results versus established objectives; provide support to develop & track additional cost savings opportunities and monitor progress of current initiatives. Plant Controllers will collaborate with senior level business unit professionals to provide insightful, data-driven analysis and support.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Implement/establish procedures and monitor plant compliance of internal financial/operational controls including SOX related requirements and corporate finance Building Blocks (i.e. daily production posting, customer shipments, etc.) and remediate any plant audit deficiencies.
- Develop annual budget with plant leadership to include operational productivity improvements.
- Identify financial risks and opportunities with plant leadership team
- Reconcile and coordinate weekly and monthly physical inventory counts in accordance with policy.
- Implement processes and procedures to minimize inventory losses due to physical adjustments, slow moving/obsolete product and ensuring FIFO adherence.
- Lead and reconcile annual tagged physical inventory.
- Maintain plant SAP asset register including annual physicals, additions, retirements and accelerated depreciation.
- Analyze and generate weekly cost control data including conversion cost to help plant leadership team impact financial results.
- Evaluate and analyze plant profitability at an SKU or mold level.
- Review and approve product standard cost accuracy including BOMs.
- Prepare and analyze monthly rest of year forecast.
- Analyze and submit plant capital requests as required.
- Monitor and maintain plant capital projects. Ensure correct capital, start up and ramp up expenses are captured.
- Execute month end close requirements in compliance with building blocks and internal financial controls.
- Ensure plant team is compliant with corporate purchasing policy and procedures.
- Educate and train staff on plant financials, spend tracking, and operational levers.
- Support initiatives and other plant functions such as safety, quality, and daily tier management.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelors Degree is required. A minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting or finance or 1+ years of experience as a Plant Controller; preferably in a manufacturing industry with leadership responsibilities.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Full compensation benefits
- Job Type: Full-time