Plant Engineer - Steel Fabrication
Leading Metal Manufacturer
Over 70 years of experience
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer serving the automotive, construction, agriculture and energy industries. With 3 locations throughout the Midwest, they seek a Plant Engineer for their Illinois location. This role will be responsible for plant building, ground, equipment and utilities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Leading/supporting capital equipment/development projects
- Working with Project Engineers to improve quality, runtime, and throughput from systems/equipment
- Supporting the Maintenance organization when needed
- Selecting and monitoring contractors providing services
- Writing requisitions/purchase orders for services and equipment needs
- Monitoring utilities and working with providers
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's in engineering or related undergraduate degree
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to manage time efficiently and address multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated competence to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GD&T, statistics, and process capability
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $85,000-$100,000, depending on experience and skills
- Profit Sharing, paid consistently over the last 10 years
- Great benefits package - annual bonus, matching 401k, medical, dental, life.
- 15 PTO Days + 8 paid holidays