Plant Manager - Automotive
Extensive opportunity for career progression working for a top manufacturer!
Ability to lead a large plant!
About Our Client
Our client is a world-class industrial manufacturer focusing within the automotive industry managing the complete assembly and sequencing of modules for OEMs and Tier One suppliers.
- Will report into the Director of Operations
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Chicago facility which has over 600 individuals
- Oversee Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, Materials, Quality, HR, Health, Safety and Continuous Improvement departments
- Oversee 9 manager-level direct reports including Operations, Manufacturing and Controls Engineering, Quality, Accounting, Material, HR Managers, IT, and EH&S
The Successful Applicant
Ideal candidate will:
- Have gained experience at a Tier One supplier of complex automotive assemblies that were built and shipped
- Ideally a minimum of 7 years' of leadership experience in an automotive manufacturing environment, with experience delivering finished components to a major automotive company
- Bachelor's Degree in manufacturing or management discipline, and/or specialized certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful track record of implementing processes, improvements, and procedures is ideal
- Proven leadership skills and capability to establish rapport and trust-based relationships between staff and management
- Experience overseeing full P&L responsibilities
- Experience in a union environment is ideal
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary (based on previous experience)
- Performance based bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including health/vision/dental