- Report to the President
- Own all Plant Operations
About Our Client
Our client is a mid-sized Manufacturer that has steadily grown over the past 10 years. They serve industrial and commercial markets with customers throughout the Chicagoland area.
- 90,000 SF Facility
- Oversee a team of 50, with 5 Direct Reports
- Report directly to the President
- Establish robust and reliable LEAN manufacturing processes to meet the delivery needs of the customers. Lead the plant operations team in meeting its cost and delivery targets. Identify and drive cost savings initiatives. Measure key production metrics such as metric tonnage per week shipped, manhours per ton by project, etc.
- Ensure all Quality programs are successfully in place, monitored/audited and in full compliance.
- Maintain a culture within the Plant that promotes safety, ethics, integrity and individual accountability. Maintain a positive and achievement goal oriented working environment for all employees.
- Track and analyze key metrics; maintain awareness of, analyze and report on external market factors as they relate to goals and objectives. Create a visual workplace where all employees are aware of key metrics and operational impact.
- Leverage internal administrative functions such as Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, etc. to support business operations in achieving business goals.
- Provide training, direction and support to employees on their assigned job responsibilities. Evaluate personnel and ensure a high-performance culture focused on accountability and passion to constantly improve. Ensure employees maintain the highest level of professionalism and competence in their work operations.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- BS or BA degree a plus
- 10 plus years of progressive operations management experience with 5+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in a metal fabrication environment a plus.
- Experience implementing LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills and executive presence with key accounts and management
- Strong leadership skills including foresight and urgency with regards to issues negatively impacting the business
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary, between $120,000 and $150,000
- 20% Target Bonus
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- 4% 401k Match
- Healthcare through BCBS, including medical, dental and vision