- Responsibility for a plant within a growing company that's an industry leader
- Opportunities for career growth and personal development
About Our Client
The Plant manager will:
- Identify and eliminate capacity constraints through Continuous Improvement
- Ensure effective quality control standards are implemented and continuously improved. The goal is to achieve 100% compliance on product manufactured and shipped.
- Production is optimized daily by minimizing make ready and downtime and optimizing run speeds.
- Shop Floor Reporting is effective, accurate and used continuously to measure and improve departmental performance
- The elimination of waste is practiced everyday.
- Map out plant policies and strategies to optimize efficiency and effectiveness on a daily basis.
- Strive to establish the benchmark for efficiency in our industry. Continuously reach outside our plant and our industry for "best in class" ideas.
- Present and participate in capital improvement projects utilizing appropriate cost/benefit analysis.
- Possess knowledge of industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Ensure raw material, work in progress and finished goods inventory are kept at optimal levels.
- Labor costs are appropriate for the industry and location of the plant.
- Develop a formal maintenance program to keep the plant equipment running at an optimal level.
- Ensure there is clear articulation of the business strategies to the operations team so that everyone understands what the business wants to accomplish.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process Improvement roles including managing teams of people
- Experience working in the Packaging or Print industry
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment
- Proven experience and record of successes in a high speed manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
Outstanding compensation and benefits package.