Design Build Contractor looking to bring on lead member of pre-construction team
$100,000+ salary, vehicle allowance, HIGH bonus, and dynamic growth opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an established Detroit based Design Build General Contractor that specializes in Education and Light Industrial Construction Projects. They have an excellent track record that has secured them over three years of projects in the company pipeline. As a result of this growth, our client is looking to fill the position immediately.
The Pre-Construction Manager's responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Directs, coordinates and participates in the preparation of assigned estimates based on an owner's/architect's designs through construction documents.
- Responsible for all functions that may be required during preconstruction including value engineering, schedules, logistics, procurement, alternative and comparative studies.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents
- Evaluates and maintains historical cost database in their particular markets
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas
- Preparation of general conditions in support of proposal writing.
- Support business development in proposal interviews & presentations, aids in building client and architect/engineer relationships
- Assist project managers in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals
- Provide complete conceptual, schematic, or design development estimate and final estimating input on complex projects
- Review project specifications, drawings, attend pre-con meetings, to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Develop qualified pool of subcontractors for individual projects
- Define scope of work with suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare and maintain budget status logs
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors, and suppliers including growing our network of subcontractor and resources
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in construction estimation with a General Contractor.
What's on Offer
- $70,000 - $110,000 base salary with comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity for advancement with a rapidly growing company
- Interaction with executives and principals during all stages of projects
- Vehicle Allowance Offered
- High Bonus Potential