Preconstruction Director - Commercial Construction
Lead the GC's Preconstruction department and Estimating projects
Top ENR Firm, Name Brand in the South, and Family Owned Business
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in building and construction firm in the Southeast region. The Raleigh office is looking for a Preconstruction Director - Commercial Construction to lead the estimating team. The GC's projects will range $5M - $50M around the Raleigh area, with a mix of both ground up and commercial projects.
The Preconstruction Director - Commercial Construction will be responsible for overseeing and supporting management with the coordination and preparation of projects within the Estimating Department. Select responsibilities include:
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers and Superintendent during all phases of design to ensure estimates meet projects requirements.
- Review accurate takeoffs, material pricing, and understand all bid documents and project risks.
- Prepare bid packages after comparing and analyzing competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Actively participate in design meetings in support of the Preconstruction Manager with owners and architects during the design development phase.
- Implement training and development programs to improve the preconstruction process and promote individual professional development.
- Develop and maintain existing client relationships before, during and after completion of projects.
The Successful Applicant
Reporting into the Division President, the successful Preconstruction Director - Commercial Construction candidate will have the following:
- BS in Construction Management, Building Construction, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years experience in commercial construction, preferably in the local market
- Minimum of 6 years estimating experience in commercial construction.
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please apply here below if interested, or contact Harry directly to learn more at 617-824-2662.
What's on Offer
The qualified candidate will be compensated based off of experience and market standards, with an excellent benefits package.