- Well-established Indiana based Multifamily Developer with national reputation
- Exciting, unique, and rewarding project pipeline. Downtown Indy office!
About Our Client
Our client is the key development arm for one of the most nationally recognized Multifamily Developer. They looking for an individual who works well as a team player with an innovative mindset. Based in Indianapolis, they are a leader in the Multifamily project space looking for a more junior candidate with Commercial or Multifamily construction experience to join their Preconstruction/Design team. Once a month travel requirement (1 day, no more no less!).
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Preconstruction Engineer will:
- Shape and maintain strong relationships with current and potential clients
- Prepare and submit proposals, within time-frame and following up until closed
- Facilitate an effective hand-off to the project manager, engineers and architects
- Monitor budgets throughout the construction process
- Evaluate and prepare pricing for change orders.
- Update & maintain accurate pipeline reports, track leads, bookings, forecasting, reporting
- Build out a small department of other estimating professionals
- Flexible enough to handle some project management duties
- Ability to lead from the front
- Utilize technology to actualize on effective project and cost delivery
- Meet with cities and municipalities to determine code specific items, plan submission protocols and obtain a general understanding of building processes within each city.
- Assist in managing building permit process from application through issuance
- Review and coordinate interior design scheme, furniture layout, and the furniture selection.
- Review comments from accessibility consultant and ensure the comments get incorporated into the construction plans
- Create and manage RFP's for contractor proposals
- Analyze contractor proposals for accuracy and conformance to budge
The Successful Applicant
The Preconstruction Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Preconstruction, Estimating, or hybrid Assistant PM/Estimator experience
- Multifamily Preconstruction experience preferred but not required
- Ground-up Preconstruction project experience required
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Ideal candidate will be proficient with Excel, MS softwares, RFI, Onscreen Takeoff programs
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients
What's on Offer
The Preconstruction Engineer will gain:
- Competitive base salary, above market average for this level - 80k - $100k
- Outstanding company culture; family oriented, family feel, hold true to their values
- Collaborative, innovative, and rewarding team dynamic
- Clear career progression into Preconstruction Manager and beyond
- Notable project backlog and pipeline
- Annual structured reviews
- 401k match and health benefits
- Great PTO plan