- Be the first estimating lead in the Milwaukee office.
- Endless support from the estimating team in Illinois.
About Our Client
National General Contractor who will succeed$2 billion in 2022! Offices are located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio serving various markets including senior living, solar, commercial, and healthcarre. Recognized across the Midwest as being of the country's top general contractor.
- Is responsible for project documentation during the preconstruction phase to provide clear direction to the project team and to reduce risk for Greenfire and the project team.
- Is responsible to work with the Director of Preconstruction to standardize procedures and documentation for the preconstruction phase of projects.
- Is responsible for the transition of project information and knowledge from the preconstruction to project management.
- Takeoffs must be complete, consistent, and accurate and understand where takeoff can be utilized for multiple systems.
- Understand all estimate components and be able to develop and input estimate component unit costs into estimating spreadsheets as well as understand components of and build construction system assemblies and develop and build assembly unit costs.
- Obtain subcontractor input for all estimates,provide comparison of subcontractor input to estimate, identify and assemble G.C's and project requirements related for estimates.
- Understand critical cost/unit values, analyze and compare subcontractor budgets to GMS estimates. Be able to identify differences and adjust estimated costs or subcontractor budgets accordingly.
- Hard Bid Estimate Assembly includes being able to identify and act on all pre-bid project specific requirements, identify trades requiring bid solicitation. Assemble bid-day spreadsheet and manage bid day process and log historical date into database.
- Must understand construction sequencing and identify critical path items. Assemble project schedules and provide regular scheduled updates and direction to project team.
- Identify key players in subcontractor market and develop relationships with subcontractors and follow up with subcontractors to successfully obtain required bids and manage MEPFP coordination process.
- Participate in preconstruction meetings with clients, manage preconstruction process and understand project details sufficiently to be able to present all pertinent information to clients and obtain signed contract at or prior to Design Development level design documents.
- Organize and manage project kick off meetings.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a minimum of five years of experience in the construction industry with an extensive estimating and/or project management background.
- Knowledgeable of all the tools needed to produce an accurate estimate or bid, manage Architectural, Structural, MEPFP, and Civil trade coordination.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of construction including but not limited to scheduling, cost estimating, and project management.
- PC literate and able to utilize a computer with Microsoft Office.
- Required to speak at meetings and convey the image of a dynamic company.
- Be current with new techniques, equipment, and technologies.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Keeps work area in a neat, safe, clean hazard free condition.
- Must be able to pass background check and pre-employment drug tests and comply with company drug policies.
What's on Offer
- Salary up to $130,000
- Individual performance bonuses
- Company performance bonuses
- Health insurance premiums
- Full dental and vision coverage
- Life and Disability insurance converage
- 3-4+ weeks PTO minimum, negotiable based on current PTO structure
- 9 company paid holidays
- Company cell phone plan
- Company iPad and laptop
- Maternal Leave
- Paternal Leave