- Work directly with the VP on high profile projects all local to Madison, WI
- Above market base salary (up to $135K), high bonuses, and top benefits
About Our Client
- Multi-generation company - still family owned
- $500M per year give or take
- 2 offices in Wisconsin (Madison, Milwaukee) and are looking to open up a 3rd within the next year or so.
- Self-perform carpentry
- Specialize in large healthcare, education, multi-family, senior living, corporate offices, light industrial work.
- Top 5 General Contractor in the state of Wisconsin.
- Manage the entire design process, from initial engagement through a smooth transition into construction. Being an advocate for the client and designer.
- Lead the design and preconstruction process through facilitation of understanding and communication of realistic expectations for all stakeholders. Consistently adding value throughout the design phase and preconstruction process with insightful advice to increase client value.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the various estimates. Review drawings, specifications, and all other construction documents, communicate construction-related concerns, completeness of information, and potential risks based on the current design status with all stakeholders
- Review advice on the construction of the Client Contract including the General Conditions, Supplementary Conditions, and additional exhibits.
- Participation in the preparation of construction schedule for estimating purposes, requests, and discusses staffing requirements and logistics plans with Project Manager and Managing Director.
- Participation in the preparation of General Conditions estimate and review with Director of Preconstruction and Managing Director, and any other senior project staff that might have been assigned to the project.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary, schematic, design development, and construction estimates and studies during pre-construction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas. Lead the value engineering and cost control process.
- Support Business Development in proposal presentation, aids in building client and Architect/Engineer relationships.
- Assists Project Manager in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals and in preparation of subcontracts.
- Works to advance the design phase / preconstruction process through the innovative application of technological tools and management techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Construction Administration, Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience required.
- Advanced math and computer skills desirable.
- Construction field experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to conceptualize the project schedule from project start through completion, including sequence/phasing of work with minimal information and quickly develop an understanding of the Owner/Architect requirement.
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost controls.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices.
- Demonstrates imaginative, innovative, and succinct approach to a project.
- Cooperativeness, ability to work in a team and a constructive, respectful attitude required.
What's on Offer
- Base salary up to $135,000 (depending upon experience)
- High bonus earning potential (Both company and personal bonuses)
- Full benefits (Health, Vision, and Dental)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long term disability
- 401K with company match
- 3+ weeks PTO starting
- Paid company holidays and sick days
- Company tech (laptop, cell phone and iPad)
- Paternity and Maternity leave
- Great work/life balance - no overtime or weekend work
- Award winning leadership in place