Preconstruction Manager - Chicago Construction
Lead the preconstruction department of a reputable Chicago GC
Great opportunity for career growth
About Our Client
With over $250M in backlog and continuing to grow, this is an ideal opportunity to join a reputable general contractor on the rise. Exceptional culture, dynamic work environment and plenty of opportunity to advance your career within the business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for handling the bid process
- Lead and mentor team of 5-6 estimators
- Lead a complete project cost evaluation
- Develop detailed scopes of work
- Understanding of differential pricing and when to use different unit costs
- Ability to assemble and present a complete presentation
- Ability to prepare detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies
- Participate in client meetings and actively present and review estimates
- Develop and build relationships with local subcontractor market
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Construction related degree is preferred
- 4-10 years of experience in a preconstruction or estimating role with projects up to and in excess $5M, conceptual and hard bid experience is preferred.
- Experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Experience in using Estimating software
- Ideally you will have experience in the following markets - industrial, workplace, retail, healthcare, hospitality, and higher education
What's on Offer
Upon an offer you would see a generous base salary ($100k - $120k), exceptional benefits plan, and a unlimited PTO program with structured career growth and the opportunity to get your foot in the door with an amazing company.