Preconstruction Manager - Chicago Construction
Work for a nationally ranked GC with a strong backlog through 2022
Great opportunity to be a leader within a reputable organization on day one
About Our Client
Our client has been around for over 100 years and has been a global leader within the ENR space since the start. They have a phenomenal reputation in the market and are looking to continue the expansion of their Chicago headquarters. The Preconstruction Manager will join their Chicago leadership team on day one. They will be offered a generous compensation package including a high base salary, full benefits, 4 weeks PTO, and consistent bonuses.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Responsibilities of the Preconstruction Manager:
- Lead entire Preconstruction department
- Assist in negotiation, awarding and preparing subcontract agreements with Project Management.
- Review and scope subcontractor proposals using detailed bid analysis sheets.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs for individual trade work.
- Ensure your team members are informed of at all times of approved scope of work
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates
The Successful Applicant
The successful Preconstruction Manager:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or a related field
- 10-15 years of construction estimating experience in light industrial or healthcare
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Leadership skills. Experience leading a team in the past.
- Experience with Microsoft project, Procore, and bidding software
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Contacts subcontractors and vendors attaining estimates for all necessary scopes
- Prior experience to estimate up to 5 projects directly
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the Preconstruction Manager:
- Competitive base salary between $110,000-$160,000 depending on heavily project experience and skills
- Discretionary Bonus Structure - has paid out bonuses every year
- Vehicle allowance ($600/month)
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Company Cell phone
- Comprehensive benefits package (HSA Options, health care, dental, vision)
- 20 PTO days + 11 Paid Holidays and Summer hours between Memorial and Labor day