Preconstruction Manager - Commercial Construction
Top GC in the southeast growing rapidly in the Raleigh market
Market leading projects, career upward mobility, and above market compensation
About Our Client
Our client is a large General Contractor with a presence across North Carolina. While the business is still relatively new, they have already built out two offices in Charlotte and Raleigh with a yearly revenue of $150M+. The Raleigh office is seeking a skilled Preconstruction Manager - Commercial Construction to join the growing team and build exciting projects in the local market. They have been consistently voted best places to work and among the fastest growing companies over the last five years. If you are seeking a PM position with a top business, please apply for immediate consideration. Applicants currently at an Assistant Project Manager level will be considered, as will relocators.
For more information please reach out to Harry at 617-824-2662.
The Preconstruction Manager - Commercial Construction will be responsible for the following:
- Works with Leadership on developing best-in-class preconstruction services to internal and external clients.
- Attend and/or conduct regular program preconstruction meetings (kickoff meetings, risk point meetings, quarterly meetings, etc.) with program teams to insure consistency and quality of preconstruction efforts.
- Review and approve monthly billings for preconstruction within the region
- Review and evaluate all estimates, budgets, preconstruction schedules, document reviews and other related material to be issued to clients for the region.
- Assists in overseeing the development of designs, cost estimates, value engineering solutions, bid packaging strategies and other supporting documentation.
- Works with internal project team to facilitate the development of the project design and design documentation to ensure it meets all project, goals, objectives and budgets.
- Provides guidance to project managers during design phase to ensure that construction activities comply with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Manage the tracking & forecasting of project pipeline
- Take part in business development activities and promote the company
- Makes budgetary, estimated, and final cost per project.
- Estimates cost for total job.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Related Degree
- 5+ years commercial construction experience, local to Raleigh preferred butrelocators will be considered
- Candidates at the Jr Estimator or Jr Precon Manager level will be considered!
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, budgeting, scheduling and safety practices
- Experience with Preconstruction, or exposure to estimating/preconstruction required
- OSHA certification strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Procore a plus
- Strong communication skills with internal and external network
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will enjoy the following:
- Competitive Base salary
- 10%+ yearly bonus
- 401k plan with company match
- Insurance coverage
- Travel and vehicle reimbursement
- Three weeks vacation yearly
- Great work-life balance and opportunity for quick progression in a newer office