Preconstruction Manager - Complex Commercial Projects
$100M+ Negotiated Commercial Projects
Employee Owned General Contractor
About Our Client
My client is a unique technical builder driven by results which is why they are ranked in the top 20 General Contractors in the nation. Their project focus is on complex and sustainable projects with a clientele which includes the worlds most admired companies.
- Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for our customers, empowering and informing them throughout the project.
- Must be able to provide innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Must have bacorund preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimates and, as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
- Must be able to collaborate with project team to establish the necessary staffing and project requirements.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have background with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Make subcontractor award recommendations to customer/owner and the negotiation and finalization of subcontracts with trade partners.
- Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
- Ability to lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Ability to lead and facilitate value engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Can lead, manage and motivate project teams during the preconstruction phase of a project.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineer or related field
- Strong background in preconstruction/estimating experience on commercial construction projects
- Must be able to operate as a lead estimator able to handle complete projects if required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a high level of skill with Excel and Word, and be experienced with On-Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam, along with some background using model-based software
- Knowledge of drawing and technical specifications, labor costing, trade scope definitions, local market conditions, and varied contractual terms and conditions
What's on Offer
- Top end of market competitive pay plus bonus
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K retirement plan, above average contribution
- Sick days, holidays, and vacation weeks