- Excellent work life balance
- Strong benefits package
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most well respected and well established general contractors in the Chicagoland area. They have been around for over forty years and last year they brought in $500M worth of revenue. The Preconstruction manager will work on healthcare construction projects ranging between $100,000-5M. A big sell of our client is that they provide a great work life balance and offer opportunity to work from home a few days a week.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee projects ranging from $100K to $200 million
- Specialize in Healthcare based projects (renovation and ground-up work) on behalf of a variety of clients
- Communicate effectively with project managers in regard to project costs and scheduling needs
- Have the capacity to write proposals
- Establish relationship with project lead and represent company/project from the front.
- Enhance client, developer, architect, engineer and subcontractor relationships.
- Lead, develop and manage preconstruction staff, including completing performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Conduct preconstruction Operation Review Meetings
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in engineering or construction management
- At least 7 years of estimating experience on large scale projects
- Excellent analytic abilities are required in order to work as a preconstruction manager. These managers must able to evaluate technical drawings like blueprints or project proposals and accurately interpret them.
- Strong communication skills. The role involves interacting with a variety of personnel, including subcontractors, architects, and even owners.
- Effective technical abilities are also beneficial in order to utilize word processing and spreadsheet programs, as well as cost-estimating software programs.
What's on Offer
* Salaries up to 140,000 plus car allowance
* Bonus potential
* Profit Sharing
* Company phone
* Company laptop and iPad
* College Savings Plan
* Health and Life Insurance
* Standard PTO and vacation
* Flexible work environment (work from home days)
* Excellent growth potential