Preconstruction Manager (Construction)
General Contractor and Developer in the Suburbs of Chicago
Opportunity to be an integral part of the leadership team
About Our Client
The client is an established General Contractor/Developer with a strong network of private clients throughout Chicago. They are looking for an experienced Preconstruction Manager/Estimator to join their team.
- Project Portfolio: Light Industrial (data centers, warehouses, cold storage, etc.)
- Size: Current headcount 200 employees
- Project Locations: Chicagoland and Midwest
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist in negotiation, awarding and preparing subcontract agreements with Project Management.
- Review and scope subcontractor proposals using detailed bid analysis sheets.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs for individual trade work.
- Ensure your team members are informed of at all times of approved scope of work
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or a related field
- 8-20 years of construction estimating experience in light industrial or healthcare markets
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Experience with Microsoft project, Procore, and bidding software
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Contacts subcontractors and vendors attaining estimates for all necessary scopes
- Prior experience to estimate up to 5 projects directly
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $105,000-$155,000 depending on heavily project experience and skills
- Discretionary Bonus Structure - has paid out bonuses every year
- Vehicle allowance ($600/month)
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Company Cell phone
- Comprehensive benefits package (HSA Options, health care, dental, vision)
- 20 PTO days + 11 Paid Holidays and Summer hours between Memorial and Labor day