- Opportunity to grow and lead the Estimating Team in Cincinnati
- Excellent compensation with flexibility
About Our Client
For nearly a century our client has helped companies realize their goals and visions, while adhering to principles of respect, honesty, and integrity. With annual revenue around $250 Million, they have completed projects in excess of $8 billion for leading corporations and institutions.
- The purpose of the preconstruction manager is to determine the costs associated with all types of construction building projects.
- The job entails evaluating all documentation associated with a project. The preconstruction manager will also factor items like personnel expenses, time to complete, and material and equipment expenses into the overall cost.
- In addition to developing cost estimates, the manager will handle all aspects of the bidding process.
- The preconstruction manager will be responsible for overseeing several projects at once.
- Typical job duties could include evaluating the construction site, developing itemized expense lists based on personnel and materials needed, and collaborating with project designers and owners to explain cost findings.
- Another duty for the preconstruction manager will be to perform calculations and research to develop ways to reduce overall project costs, as well as developing methods to track project expenses
- The preconstruction manager may also be tasked with participating in the request for proposal (RFP) process.
- The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products
- Interview, evaluate, and hire employer's for the Preconstruction Team
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field
- Ability to evaluate technical drawings such as blueprints, proposals, etc.
- Individual with leadership qualities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years minimum experience with construction estimating
- Hard bid and conceptual estimating experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other construction software's
- Ability to mult-take and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of the construction process
What's on Offer
- Competitve salary ranging from $85,000 - $125,000 depending on experience
- Benefits package including 401k match
- Uncapped Bonus Opportunity
- Company ESOP Program
- Company laptop
- Phone allowance
- 3-4 weeks PTO
- 10 company holidays
- Referral bonus
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Company Gas Card when traveling
- Gym membership
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Ability to grow and lead the construction estimating department in Cincinnati
- Career growth opportunity
RESUME REVIEW WITHIN 24 HOURS!