Opportunity for growth
Mentorship and guidance in estimating
About Our Client
Our client is a Mid-size General Contractor / Construction Management firm that specializes that has 40 years of experience.
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Responsible for the value engineering process during preconstruction for the assigned projects.
- Manage the Estimating Engineers and Assistant Estimating Engineers, including completing performance evaluations.
- Knowledge of and working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and consultants.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Manage the allocation of work hours for staff assigned to projects to ensure it is within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing during preconstruction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within timeframes allotted.
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
The Successful Applicant
- Educational and experience requirements include four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations, technical training and/or experience.
- Five to ten years estimating cost control and/or engineering experience multi-million dollar projects.
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data systems is essential.
What's on Offer
- Strong Base Salary
- Bonus Structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits