Private Equity - Senior Accountant - Boston, MA
Based in Downtown Boston, MA
Financial Reporting for Private Equity Clients/ Third Party Fund Admin
About Our Client
The Private Equity Accounting group within my client is over 600 people strong. They are the number 1 private equity third party administrator globally. This particular Financial Reporting division covers the asset class of Private Equity and they are based in Downtown Boston.
The senior accountant will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our private equity clients. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the senior accountant must have proven client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with the vice president and other team members
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity limited partnerships
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Prepare management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Prepare investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the vice president, client, and auditors
- Handle daily/routine client information requests
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours of submission. All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years in Private Equity accounting and financial reporting
- Ability to work in Downtown Boston, full time.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of between $ 75,000 and $85,000
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision etc.)
- Competitive 401K contributions
- Work-life balance arrangements/ work from home available
- Downtown Boston location.