- Great location right on the Northside of the City
- Competitive compensation package with premium benefits
About Our Client
Our client is seeking a Process Engineer to join their team. As a leader in the metal fabrication and machining, they have steadily grown over the last 25 years. This role will work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Production and Sales and help develop manufacturing processes and products to allow more efficiency. They serve the automotive, industrial and aerospace markets.
- Lead in optimization of set-up cycle times and improvement of productivity standards by teaming with operators and set-up personnel
- Provide sustaining engineering duties to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Review customer specifications and drawings for manufacturability and cost.
- Communicate with customers as needed to ensure their product requirements are met.
- Provide technical support to customers on issues of design and manufacturing.
- Recommend design modifications to improve quality, cost, and manufacturability.
- Write specifications for design, testing, and manufacturing of hand tools.
- Design mold tools for silicone over-molding.
- Work on decreasing cycle times; develop ways of machining medical instruments and implants.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in continuous improvement for processes and cycle time reductions
- Experience in evaluating and implementing CapEx purchases such as machines
- Working knowledge of CAD Design
- Hands-on manufacturing experience
- Background in lean manufacturing, specifically kaizen events
What's on Offer
- Base salary between 85,000 - 105,000 depending on the level of experience and interview performance
- BCBS medical benefits, effective day one
- 8% bonus program -> based on company metrics
- 401K - 3.5%
- PTO: 2-3 weeks
- Holiday: 10 paid days
- Sick days: 5 days