Director of Procurement (Category lead)
About Our Client
A large retail chain
Drive category management strategies/incremental procurement savings by creating/implementing companywide category strategies to deliver continuous improvement and better value to business across spend areas worth $250M+.
- Oversee sourcing and event execution for respective spend areas by assessing stakeholder needs/objectives, defining service level agreements, identifying vendors, and conducting RFP processes.
- Act as the primary cross functional leader to interface with business leadership and drive team development by partnering with leadership on all sourcing matters including: understanding of strategic imperatives and operating plans, jointly setting procurement priorities and savings initiatives, and ensuring procurement is meeting operational needs and realizing maximum savings.
- Lead vendor partnerships and overall governance by managing vendor selection, proactively managing supplier account managers/contracts to result in enhanced vendor performance. In addition, developing/maintain a risk mitigation plan to ensure long term supply of critical materials and services by assessing overall marketplace and competitor actions.
- Drive innovation and identification/development of potential new suppliers and alternate sources for existing/new products.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting (MBA strongly preferred)
- Certified Purchasing Manager
- Certified Professional in Supply Management
- 7-10 years of sourcing/procurement experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing including strong negotiation and supplier management experience.
- Experience with simultaneously and continuously improving customer satisfaction and productivity in the sourcing and supplier management area.
- Demonstrated success leading project teams to achieve quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Reporting and Analysis Tools.
- Able to manage multiple projects, effectively using multi-disciplinary resources to meet demands.
- Must be able to work autonomously, exercise good judgment and take decisive action.
What's on Offer
competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount