Procurement Manager (Construction)
About Our Client
Our client is looking for a full-time Procurement manager who will oversee the procurement department completing buy-outs of all the subs. This department is doing all the buy outs for large scale commercial builds.
- Work with estimating team to coordinate all pre-bid activities from a procurement and subcontract management perspective.
- This includes, but is not limited to: vendor identification, assessment/evaluation, coordination of DBE and MWBE compliance activities to ensure goals are achieved, partnering with the other functional areas to ensure pre-bid proposals include scope review and schedules from subs and vendors, ensure that bid documents are secured (bid bonds, insurance, executed documents).
- Manage RFP process, which will include soliciting subcontractors and vendors for upcoming RFP's and working with the estimating teams to define proper and complete scopes of work for large material and subcontracted works.
- Work closely with other functional areas to action procurement, contract and compliance activities once the projects are awarded. This includes: vendor selection, negotiating terms and conditions, coordinated the distribution of Award Letters, coordinate subcontract activities, purchase orders, professional services and maintenance of contract processes from draft through final selection.
- Review, refine and implement procurement processes, procedures and standards across the company.
- Assume complete ownership for all project contract documentation (purchase orders, subcontracts, change orders, owner files).
- Coordinate with project management and legal and other functional areas regarding contractual issues related to the performance of subcontract vendors. This includes but is not limited to actively participating in project site meetings, claim filing and notifications and crafting contracts and correspondence in the best interest of the company.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in procurement and subcontract management, coming from a General Contractor
- Must be Professional with Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
What's on Offer
- Competitive base compensation
- Paid vacation time
- Retirement plan
- Annual Bonus