- Fast-growing Global Manufacturer
- Highly visible role with career growth opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the injection molding and tooling industry. Having been in business for over 40 years, starting as a small company and expanding globally they are a great company for someone looking to make an immediate impact with a growing company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage and lead multiple medium-to-large sourcing engagements, including current state and budget evaluation
- Manage a $50m+ raw materials spend (primarily plastics)
- Development of strategy and approach, compiling scope of work and other requirements, drafting the RFx, evaluation of the vendor proposals, and negotiation of final business terms
- Present analysis--both qualitative and quantitative--to Procurement leadership and key stakeholders prior to obtaining approval to award business
- Organize and lead meetings with both internal stakeholders and external vendor partners
- Collaborate with internal partners (i.e. Business Owners, Risk Management, Contracts, Legal, etc) to mitigate risk by ensuring all sourcing events executed are in full agreement with corporate policies and procedures
- Research market and pricing data to develop analytics to support negotiation strategies and justify award decisions
- Build Sourcing project pipeline by reviewing expiring contracts, tracking and analyzing supplier spend, and presenting recommendations to Sourcing leadership
- Effectively communicate and demonstrate Strategic Sourcing's value proposition with the vendor selection process to internal stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of strategic sourcing or consulting experience
- 10+ years of total work experience
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Strong analytical skills within Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills within a complex organization
- Demonstrated success managing a strategic sourcing project
- Proven results leading major raw materials sourcing projects in a global environment
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Procurement Manager is $85,000 - $100,000 base salary commensurate with candidate experience.