Product Development Engineer
A market leader in high security key systems and electro-mechanical products
Reports Directly to Director of Engineering
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in locksets, high security key systems, door closers, exit devices, electro-mechanical products, and access control systems for new construction, renovation, and replacement applications.
Design and implement product improvement, cost reduction, new product development and product issue resolution efforts for Mortise Lock Engineering. Part of a creative team in developing mechanical and electromechanical systems, fixing problems or creating solutions to customer needs. Maintain engineering documentation relative to a product and administer changes to the documentation. Develop detailed knowledge of the Mortise Lock product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate, initiate and complete new product, product improvement and cost reduction ideas based on Market needs.
- Contributes to DFMA, FMEA, and Risk Analysis.
- Initiate and complete Engineering Change Requests and Product Change Proposals
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings using Solid Works.
- Able to improve product designs and analyze function with guidance and review.
- Selects material and process with guidance.
- Work closely with Production Center teams on product quality improvements
- Create test plans and provide technical support to the Test Lab.
- Follow Engineering standards and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
- 2-5 years' experience
- Understanding of mechanical systems with an understanding of fits, clearances and tolerances.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks CAD
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and PC Skills
- Ability to clearly communicate through a variety of media including hand sketches, modeling, technical drawing, project summaries using written and spoken word
- Ability to identify the source of a problem and quickly create and test solutions.
- Excellent mechanical ability to understand mechanical concepts and processes both conceptually and hands on
- Ability to manage time and work closely with product management and project management on large scale projects
- Requires occasional travel
Reports: Directly to Director of Engineering Bored Lock
Position will be based in New Haven CT but will also spend time in Berlin CT
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive base salary, along with exceptional benefits.
- 401K Match