Product Development Manager
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or similar field
Minimum 2 years of managerial experience
About Our Client
The client is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, raw materials, ingredients, and additives.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage and develop all technical expertise related to manufacturing improvements, product quality, resolution of customer complaints, qualifying new suppliers, and cost saving initiatives for two facilities.
- Manage the development of new products to ensure the delivery of all technical, regulatory, and safety aspects, while ensuring the commercial viability. Communicate the status of projects to all stakeholders (Commercial, Production, Quality, Regulatory).
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of proper technical specifications for all Products, Raw Materials, Packaging Components and Process requirements.
- Ensure the adequate support is provided to Quality in the confirmation that these specifications are implemented and met, including but not limited to providing stability data, validation reports, analytical requirements, design control requirements, and product reviews.
- Identifying resources (3rd party consultants or suppliers) to facilitate technical requirements.
- Develop prototypes and/or samples to facilitate customer qualification requirements.
- Ensure the security of supply of our products by supporting new supplier qualification by collaborating with Quality Control and Commercial Teams.
- Continual development of technical knowledge self and staff by attending educational workshops and webinars.
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or similar field
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience
- Strong technical aptitude to learn and apply new concepts
- Strong Project Management, Organizational, and Communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Prior experience preferred working in a GMP/FDA regulated industry
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package