- Highly Visible and Dynamic Role
- Owning the P&L and all aspects of the product lines
About Our Client
My client that is looking to fill a Product Manager role for a consumer durables manufactuer located near Schaumburg that is one of America's most popular brands. Owning over 70% market share in the majority of its product lines, and continued YoY growth, the brand is innovating rapidly and has an engaged, loyal customer base. With this growth recently- the company has created additional levels of infrastructure as they aggressively expand.
"CEO" of the product line, and oversees strategy, drives innovation, product line maintenance, has P&L responsibility, and is the overall owner of new product development from concept inception to commercial launch. This person will oversee a product line and will be responsible for bridging the gap with sales, product development, marketing and engineering. The Product Manager will be working with all customers across the US region, but also working globally with internal counterparts. The Product Manager will also work with existing customers for strategic business development and product development opportunities for innovation.
- Customer Back Innovation - Execution of the new product development roadmap to capitalize on key market opportunities and champion the Customer Back Innovation stage gate process through cross-functional leadership. Product Manager will lead new product launch efforts including forecasting volumes, end user validation, and product training, as well as collaborate with the brand team on positioning, messaging, marketing collateral, sales materials, and integrated marketing planning.
- End-User Intimacy - Gain strong understanding of voice of customer through qualitative and quantitative market research that drives product strategy and development. Execute strategies based on end-user segmentation to ensure proper targeting and prioritization
- Product Portfolio Management - Lead product portfolio strategy including management of existing product mix and pricing strategy to drive top/bottom-line financial performance. Participate in capacity planning efforts working with operations and engineering. Responsible for product line maintenance including SKU rationalization, pricing strategies, promotion strategies, and simplification to optimize the product mix and financials.
- Financial Ownership - The Product Manager will own the P&L for their product category and deliver on key metrics by utilizing key performance indicators.
- Market Landscape - The Product Manager will have a full understanding of the market dynamics including customer, competitive, and end user trends, and actions that will drive market sizing efforts to ensure focus on addressable market.
- Take over awarded programs in order to meeting engineering needs, timing, launches, design, development, validation etc.
- Cradle to grave management of product development lifecycle
- Serve as the main lead for all product and product group relation issues
- Conduct market research on customers, competitors, government regulations, new technologies, etc.
- Support design and validation activities
- Provide engineering support to internal and external tooling design - mold tool design, fixture design, tooling personal etc.
- Work closely with program management and engineering on product launches to ensure completion of PPAP related issues
- Support manufacturing engineering in preproduction builds, customer engineering and customer quality, along with production support
- Assist in quoting new business as assigned.
- Support innovation initiatives of the Product Line and contribute to the development of the Product Line Strategy
- Conduct product specific customer presentations
- Travel to customer locations locally
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing (MBA preferred) OR Bachelor's Degree in other area with MBA
- 3-5 years management experience marketing a product line of consumer durables through multiple sales channels. Ideally in a company noted for executive development, market expertise, and working with major consumer product sales channels
- A solid track record with proven results in new product development and product line management
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, great benefits and an incredible culture