Product Manager - Life Science - Boston
Opportunity to work for a company that has a global presence
Newly created role due to growth
About Our Client
Our client is a swiftly growing biotech/pharmaceutical provider with a long, successful history. The team is centered around a new product launch with strong data sets and international exposure.
Our client has been in Massachusetts for over 70 years, and they continue to be successful, because of the innovative, intriguing products they produce and market.
They believe in individuals who are high potential and desire to grow personally with an exciting, collaborative company.
- The Product Marketing Manager determines customer's needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitor's products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- The Product Marketing Manager obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- The Product Marketing Manager provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- 2+ years of experience in Product management with medical device or biotech products.
- Experience working with biotechnology products.
- Educational background with Life Sciences or Engineering.
- MBA preferred.
- Have as strong desire to grow and learn.
- Experience developing a product from an R&D perspective is preferred.
What's on Offer
- A base salary from $90,000-$110,000.
- Product ownership experience.
- Opportunities to grow a new product and to grow within their career.
- Learning how to launch a newly developed product into the global market.