Responsible for leading the development of regional strategic marketing plans
Huge potential for career growth.
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest producers and suppliers of Methanol in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and South America. a global team of over 1,000 employees. Looking for someone to come in to the business who's motivated, driven, and ambitious. There is room to be promoted and move up the ladder, someone who wishes to stay at this level wouldn't be considered.
The Product Manager will be responsible for -
- Driving a 5‐year NA Strategic Planning process including
(i) coordinate a high quality regional business strategy session,
(ii) collaborate with regional functional groups to develop coordinated and comprehensive business plans
(iii) communicate regularly to organization (e.g. strategy, business plan, quarterly business updates, etc)
- Contribute to the development of the global strategic marketing plan, focused on strategic shifts.
- Analyze, evaluate and make recommendation about supply and demand factors within North America, including new methanol projects & provide timely updates to MIS. Support global update to S&D balances through CI efforts on key competitors or behavior of producers/consumers
- Prepare monthly Market Intelligence System (MIS), marketing and NA S&D reports (trade flow, production, swaps, etc) and other regular submissions (e.g. quarterly marketing report, information for annual report, etc)
- Develop annual mix matrix to refine understanding of regional competitors strategies.
- Support sales team with pricing, MIS review and marketing sales plans (contract log, mix matrix, contract expiration, targeted accounts, etc)
- Seek out and develop value generating opportunities to improve overall netback of NA business together with sales team and logistics group
- Support CI culture through organization / keep sales organization up‐to‐date on latest trends; share market knowledge with office /sales team
The Successful Applicant
Minimum undergraduate business/technical degree required. MBA desired.
Minimum five (5) years actual work experience in industrial marketing, preferably in Oil and Gas.
Commercial experience: Two years in sales preferred.
Solid understanding of product, processes, customers, competition.
Compelling communication skills; oral and written.
Highly developed analytical skills
Broad and deep knowledge of the methanol industry and the major derivatives
Exceptional interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Highly adaptive, able to problem solve and respond rapidly to change
Solid organization and time management skills
Capacity to get things done through others with two direct reports
What's on Offer
For the right Product Manager there is a base salary upwards of $140,000 per annum, plus package, relocation cost covered (if necessary).