- Great Opportunity to Join the Rapidly Growing Renewables Space &
- Hybrid Work Schedule Available!
About Our Client
Our Client is an industry leader in the hydrogen generation space, offering hydrogen production plants for industry and energy applications, hydrogen fueling stations for the transport sector, and power-to-gas/power-to-power solutions for the renewable industry
The Product Safety / Regulatory Compliance Engineer is responsible for interfacing with internal customers to assure product safety and regulatory compliance during new design development and enhancements to existing designs. This engineer works directly with Nationally Recognized Testing La-boratories (NRTLs), Notified Bodies, and other third party certification agencies to acquire and maintain certifications for new and existing products. This Engineer will ensure that required technical file documentation, Declarations of Conformity (DoCs), PED and ATEX certifications, and NRTL certifications are developed, obtained, and managed.
- Interpret product safety standards and regulatory requirements in a product design and development environment to ensure the resultant products are safe, and code & standards compliant.
- Advise design engineers on compliance options and impact of design decisions
- Coordinate NRTL & Notified Body product testing including assessing and communicating all is-sues of non-compliance as they are identified during testing
- Maintain all current technical file documentation and assist in all NRTL & Notified Body follow-up audits .
- Propose, coordinate, and direct tests to verify product compliance and safety.
- Propose effective corrective actions, as necessary.
- Conduct and Document HAZOPs and Risk Assessments.
- Perform high level Hazardous Area Evaluations for Proposed Product Construction and Siting.
- Participate in or provide guidance to Codes / Standards Committees (represent Company).
- Remain current on relevant codes & standards to support product safety and compliance for both
new and existing products.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Product Safety and Code Compliance
- Ability to define problems, interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of conceptual and practical problems.
- Function as a "team player" and work constructively and cooperatively with all departments in the best interests of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication needed for interactions with both internal and external customers.
- Must be self-motivated able to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and prioritize workflow.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and timely.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance processes involving regulatory bodies, product standards, product certifications and marking.
- Familiarity with the following codes & standards:
- ISO 22734
- CE Directives including:
- 2014/34/EU, ATEX
- 2014/68/EU, PED
- 2006/42/EU, Machinery
- 2014/30/EU, EMC
- NFPA 79 or NFPA 70 (NEC)
- ASME BPVC
- ASME B31
- IEC 61010-1
- NFPA 2
- ICC codes (IFC, IBC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of safety testing equipment and certifying agency techniques for the purpose of compliance testing.
- Experience with risk assessments such as HAZOPs, PHAs, DFMEAs and/or PFMEAs.
- Experience with PHA Pro software.
- Experience with Hydrogen Generation, Fuel Cell, Fuel Gas Related Equipment, or Petrochemical industry
What's on Offer
- Role is Bonus Eligible!
- Hybrid Role!
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time
- 401k with Company Match (available to enroll on first day)