Production Planning Manager - Manufacturing
Work for a Global Manufacturer of Disposable Cups.
Great chance to develop and advance career
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of disposable polystyrene cups, bowls, containers, straws and lids used in a variety of industries.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Serve as the plant liaison between departments and corporate partners - Specifically, leverage technology and processes to manage the company's raw materials, and finished good, extracting the value
- Focus on optimizing inventory, resource and production plans, while achieving goals of lowering supply chain cost
- Develops multiple scenarios, articulates key decisions and recommendations to Plant leadership highlighting service, and inventory
- Manages assigned SKU's throughout the entire supply chain
- Proactively engage with Customer Service and Supply Chain leadership when "demand" exceeds forecast to minimize risk to service level and when "forecast" exceeds demand to minimize risk of excess/obsolescence (SLOB)
- Provides daily/weekly schedule by line
- Interacts frequently with operations team to insure schedule compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Management (MBA Preferred)
- At least 5 years experience in a Manufacturing environment
- 5+ Years in a production planning or inventory management role with inventory planning
- CPM Certification Preferred
- Experience with the manufacturing of packaging products, or disposable cups a plus
- Bilingual a Plus
- Great Leadership Skills
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Projects or Scrap Reduction Projects
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Health benefits.