ROLE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE TO WORK FOR A TOP FOOD MANUFACTURER IN SAN ANTONIO
Family run organization, strong progressive culture
About Our Client
The Company is a leading manufacturer of food products and produces, processes, and distributes meat products to food service distributors, regional restaurant groups, supermarket chains, and international businesses in the United States.
- Oversee assigned plant production lines as designated by the Plant Manager.
- Verify overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
- Be a versatile leader that is functional across the entire plant floor. Leads by example.
- Support initiatives for improvement in plant performance using established methods. Participate in daily plant management meetings. Develop direct reports to utilize and effectively use performance data to drive improvement. Report on direction of areas of responsibility and actions being taken as well as driving factors to influence actions on a weekly basis.
- Direct employees to balance production needs with labor cost.
- Ensure compliance with Safety Standards and promote a safe work environment. Participate in Safety Committee as needed.
- Identifies performance issues and provides guidance, coaching and progressive discipline as needed.
- Support training using a training platform to expose operators to proper operational methods on equipment as well as required GMP and safety training.
- Interact with Quality, Maintenance and Plant Manager to resolve issues with production and products.
- Monitor line equipment for functionality, safety and cleanliness. Perform daily GMP and sanitation audits. Address any found issues.
- Seek opportunities to improve upon current operational efficiency, quality and safety.
- Assist in investigation of quality complaints to determine cause. Works with Production Manager to implement corrective actions from such investigations within the department.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 years experience within a production management capacity
- Food andbeverage manufacturing experience is preferred
- 4 year degree in technical or relevant field is preferred.
- High energy & passion for the job
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
- Generous Base Salary
- Excellent Company Benefits
- Career Progression Opportunities