- Competitive Pay
- Plenty of room for growth!
About Our Client
Our client is in the Aerospace and Aviation Component Manufacturing industry.
Essential Duties & Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Provide day to day oversight to the manufacturing/production team, including supervision of Leads, manufacturing engineers, and assembly employees (assemblers, welders, machinists).
- Maintain and achieve daily/monthly production plans and build schedules of products.
- Monitor and improve upon on-time delivery, quality, efficiency, and throughput.
- Support continuous improvement efforts to reduce lost time and reduce material scrap.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate shop floor work flow.
- Support cross-training and learning of new skills to adequately deploy employee resources to various product lines as needed.
- Collaborates with all areas of the company and teams, in order to streamline production, shipment, and workflow throughout the plant.
- Interprets various reporting documents in place to ensure continuity of the operations, including but not limited to labor reporting, efficiency reporting, utilization reporting.
- Ensure operations comply with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Ensure teams complete on-the-job and mandatory training for roles.
- Promote and champion a safe work environment.
- Participate in and lead training sessions as directed.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods and techniques, and related equipment including shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must be familiar with product construction and application.
- Must have very strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to actively engage with employees, supervisors, and other managers throughout the plant.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and or priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Highly proficient with Excel, Word and other MS Office programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to implement actions and deliver results
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
Education & Experience
- Requires a B.S. or equivalent Degree in a related field (Operations, Business, Engineering). Additional experience beyond the minimum requirements may substitute for the degree, as appropriate.
- At least 3 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities.
- Prefer prior experience in a supervisory or lead role.
- Demonstrated effective project management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving.
- Must be able to walk on concrete floors and in environments where dust and other hazardous materials exist.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Some exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Great company culture
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits