Project Accountant - Commercial Construction
Top Regional GC actively seeking an experienced Project Accountant
Projects range from Retail, Industrial, Restaurants, etc.
About Our Client
Our client specializes in commercial construction projects, operations management, and outsourcing as your construction department. But it's not so much what they do, it's how they do it that leads to better outcomes. My client is committed to providing seamless solutions and an extremely high level of service and open communication. Projects range from Restaurant, Retail, Industrial, Manufacturing, etc. My client is focused on giving the highest quality of work and this is how they are gaining repeat business.
The business with consider anyone who is at an Accountant or Project Accountant level with a background in Commercial Construction!
Please apply below for immediate consideration, or contact Andrea Davis for more information at (617)824-2674.
The Project Accountant - Commercial Construction will be responsible for the follow:
- Audit monthly subcontractor and major supplier invoices and ensure that all invoices have been accrued properly to the correct cost reports and phase codes.
- Review monthly job cost, create and input journal entries as directed
- Provide assistance to project managers in the preparation of monthly forecast changes.
- Handle all internal communications in a professional and expedient manner.
- Assist in providing documentation for internal and external reporting and routine audits.
- Assist change order team in collection of backup documentation.
- Work independently on special projects related to job cost.
- Update indirect cost quantities monthly.
- Create spreadsheet analysis of major cost items as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Project Accountant - Commercial Construction will have the following:
- Bachelors Degree (prefered)
- Experience working at a General Contractor strongly preferred
- Experience with billing, invoices, contracts, and owner change orders
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive attitude, outgoing, and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Quick learner, detailed oriented, self-motivates, and ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive base salary for the market
- Yearly bonuses based on project and individual performance
- Excellent benefits program that includes insurance and 401k match
- Opportunity for fast-tracked career progression