Opportunity to join a growing Multifamily Construction firm
Reporting into the CFO with significant and clear career trajectory
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a leading Multifamily Owner Developer with projects throughout North America. Based out of the Austin offices and focusing on a projects throughout Texas. The Project Accountant will be responsible for all Vendor and contractor Billings, Full Cycle Project Accounting and creation of WIP reports and AIA Billings for the ground up construction and management of Class A multifamily Assets
Working closely with the CFO and Controller the Project Accountant will be responsible for Project job cost accounting including preparation of owner draws, collection of payments, and subcontractor compliance for all the firms class A Multifamily Assets. Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage all AP accounting including month-end close, reconciliations etc.
- Prepare and cleanup all AP month-end reconciliations for multiple entities
- Collaborate with internal partners to give accounting guidance around payable for the allocation entries and accruals.
- Full responsible for all project based accounting including: AP, AR, GL WIP Scheduling / Reporting and construction draws
- Develop process improvements and partner with process owners to drive automation to accelerate the month-end close time-line.
- Focus on the management of GAAP and AIA Billing processes.
The Successful Applicant
The Project Accountant must have a strong background and experience of project accounting specifically for commercial construction businesses. Alongside this you must posses:
- Project Accounting experience for Multifamily Industry
- 3-6 years of General Accounting and Project Accounting experience
- Experience as a cost accountant, preferably within the civil construction Industry.
- Accounting Degree
- AIA Billings, Construction Draw and WIP reporting
- Experience of Billings and Payable's specifically for Vendors and Contractors
- Project Costs analysis, budgeting and review
What's on Offer
In return my client are offering a fantastic benefits package that includes Base, Bonus and Health care.