- Entire backlog/project portfolio is local to the Greater St. Louis Area
- Extremely lucrative bonus potential based on project delivery performance
About Our Client
Tight-knit group formed as the construction arm of a larger development and property ownership group. Combining skill sets in property management, development, and construction operations, the leadership group is able to pull from each of their experiences to anticipate and deliver solutions at each level of the construction process. Through this, they have established a strong backlog of negotiated and referred work and continue to build off of that as they add to their team. They are selective by nature in identifying the right talent to come in to push continued growth as they lead project teams and build skill sets at each level of the business. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented player, collaborative by nature, detailed, communicate well with all stakeholders, and be passionate about building teams, careers, and opportunity for themselves and the group alike. Excellent opportunity to lead collaborative teams though challenging builds with excellent financial and professional upside.
- Ensures safety protocols and procedures are being followed on all projects and makes corrections as necessary. Reinforces the culture to employees and subs and works with safety department to improve and refine.
- Resolves safety issues and guides teams to do the same.
- Identifies client specific safety and quality requirements during preconstruction phase.
- Ensures quality control protocols and procedures are being followed on all projects.
- Maintains knowledge of global quality and performance specifications and ensures they remain relevant.
- Defines and monitors the effectiveness of processes to manage client / owner expectations.
- Follows up on escalated business development leads for new business with current clients / owners.
- Researches and formulates the strategy to prepare for project award interviews, as needed.
- Presents and communicates GMP proposals to clients with little to no oversight.
- Prepares and presents project proposals to clients.
- Leads teams through the preconstruction phase.
- Assumes project management role, when necessary.
- Reviews and approves project manpower, project logistics, phasing plans, and project deliverable.
- Under guidance of Project Executive, may contribute to prime / owner contract negotiations. Debriefs the teams on final contract requirements. Understands company required language and suggests improvements.
- Determines and recommends appropriate delivery method of construction contracts.
- Provides escalation assistance to Sr PM in contract negotiation and final language acceptance.
- Keeps the organization informed of contract progress.
- Communicates final contract details to the project team.
- Monitors progress on job startup checklist. Aids in eliminating obstacles preventing task completion.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of insurance and insurance claims to ensure insurance protocols are met and followed.
- Monitors builder's risk, bond, and subcontractor insurance process for completeness and accuracy. Assists as needed.
- Serves as an escalation resource for subcontract negotiations.
- Fosters and leverages relationships with high volume subcontractors and other vendors to build a basis for future reciprocity.
- Monitors subcontractor workload and performance across the company.
- Evaluates value engineering measures on projects.
- Monitors all project controls and communication through monthly audit meetings, and other team meetings.
- Develops initial concept schedules.
- Creates complex schedules and may define activities.
- Reviews construction schedule, identifies areas for improvement and monitors performance.
- Follows up with end user / owner for feedback and suggestions and communicates feedback for process improvements.
- Monitors PAR's and uses expertise to probe when necessary.
- Defines profit goals and maintains oversight on all profit and loss detail. Identifies potential loss, investigates details, and pulls together resources to mitigate loss or regain profit.
- Informs Sr Leadership team on expected profit and loss details and mitigation efforts.
- Approves of subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders associated with their projects.
- Provides escalation assistance on complex delayed payment situations.
- Anticipates and identifies performance issues that may have resulted from delayed payment and takes proactive steps to resolve the issues.
- Monitors punch list and close-out process for completion. Provides escalation assistance, when necessary.
- Assesses punch list and close-out processes at the project level and makes recommendations for improvement.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or something similar
- 12+ years in the construction industry
- 3+ years as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director
- Design build experience
- Experience in large scale construction projects ($50M+)
- Ground-up multi-family construction experience is a plus
- High-rise and mid-rise construction experience is a plus
- Preconstruction experience is a plus
- Ability to lead project management teams through complex project life cycles
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary $140K - $175K
- Lucrative bonus earning potential based on project performance
- Bonus potential based on company performance
- Excellent healthcare coverage (medical/dental/vision)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K matching
- Flexible PTO
- Vehicle allowance
- Phone Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Community outreach and charitable functions
- Excellent training and development tools